How to apply
*Please register your application, after completing your application form.
Two major objectives of The Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation are
1) to contribute to the society by promoting international understanding and
2) to realize the society where mankind respect and harmonize with nature under the concept
--- coexistence of Nature and Mankind.
In line with this goal, the foundation provides funds to research activities in the areas of humanities and social sciences which pertain to above mentioned two objectives.
(I) Focus and Scope of Research to be granted
|1.||Focus and Scope of Research
Research activities of social, academic and international needs in the areas of humanities and social sciences which promote international understanding and/or coexistence of Nature and Mankind. Those should contribute to the society by developing personnel with international perspective, establishing international relationships, solving various issues existing between Japan and other countries, and coexistence of Nature and Mankind. ; especially pioneering research based on creative ideas is welcomed.
|2.||Eligibility and Conditions for Applicants
(II) Outline of the Grants
|1.||Number of Grant Recipients
Around 40 students/researchers
|2.||Amount of Grants
|3.||Term of Grants
Term of grants shall be one year from October 1, 2014 to September 30, 2015.
|4.||Use of Grants
|5.||Main Duties of the Recipients and Others
(III) Method and Criteria of Screening
Careful and fair screening will be conducted by the screening committee of the Foundation in late July, 2014.
|2.||Notice of the result
The result of the decisions will be informed to the applicants by e-mail by the beginning of August, 2014, but please understand that the Foundation will not respond to inquiries regarding reasons of the decision.
|3.||Criteria of Screening
In screening, the following items are considered;
In the areas of humanities and social sciences,
(1) Research which is in line with two objectives of the Foundation,
(2) Research which has high social and academic needs,
(3) Research which is creative and pioneering,
(4) Research which will be carried out by highly motivated and competent researchers and has excellent research plans and setups, and
(5) Research with rational and appropriate budgets.
(IV) Application Procedures
|1.||How to Get Application Forms
Please download and use the application forms posted on the website of the Foundation:
|2.||How to Apply
(1) Fill in your application form
(2) Obtain the letter of recommendation
(3) Get your "Reference Number" by registering your application through the following web site.
(4) Write down your Reference Number in the specified section in all the application forms.
(5) Upload application form and letter of recommendation through the following web site.
You may send the application form and the letter of recommendation to the Foundation by post.
Please do not print on both sides of papers.
(The document should be anopisthographic.)
|4.||Reception Period of Application
April 1(Tue) - May 16(Fri), 2014
Application forms must reach the Foundation by May 16.
(V) Inquiries for Applications
If you have any inquires about application, please send E-mail to the following address.
|Address||The Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation
1006 Kadoma, Osaka 571-8501, Japan
|Guide for each form||Procedure for Research Grant|
|Document required for Change of the Research plan||Document required for Change of the Research plan|
|Document required for Suspension of the Research plan||Document required for Suspension of the Research plan|
|Documents required when you complete the research||Research Grant Financial Report|
|Documents required to report the publication of the research||Report of Publication of Research Results|