How to apply
*Please register your application, after completing your application form.
Two major objectives of The Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation are
1) to contribute to the society by promoting international understanding and
2) to realize the society where mankind respect and harmonize with nature under the concept --- coexistence of Nature and Mankind.
In line with this goal, the foundation provides funds to research activities in the areas of humanities and social sciences which pertain to above mentioned two objectives.
(I) Focus and Scope of Research to be Granted
|1.||Focus and Scope of Research
* Research activities of social, academic and international needs in the areas of humanities and social sciences which promote international understanding and/or coexistence of Nature and Mankind. Those should contribute to the society by developing personnel with international perspective, establishing international relationships, solving various issues existing between Japan and other countries, and coexistence of Nature and Mankind.
; especially pioneering research based on creative ideas is welcomed.
|2.||Eligibility and Conditions for Applicants
(II) Outline of the Grants
|1.||Number of Grant Recipients
Around 50 students/researchers
|2.||Amount of Grants
|3.||Term of Grants
Term of grants shall be one year from October 1, 2016 to September 30, 2017.
|4.||Use of Grants
|5.||Main Duties of the Recipients and Others
(III) Method and Criteria of Screening
Careful and fair screening will be conducted by the screening committee of the Foundation in late July, 2016.
|2.||Notice of the result
The result of the decisions will be informed to the applicants by e-mail by the beginning of August, 2016, but please understand that the Foundation will not respond to inquiries regarding reasons for the decision.
|3.||Criteria of Screening
In screening, the following items are considered;
In the areas of humanities and social sciences,
(1) Research which is in line with the objectives and activities of the Foundation,
(2) Research which is high in social and academic importance,
(3) Research which is creative and pioneering,
(4) Research which will be carried out by highly motivated and competent researchers and has excellent research plans and setups, and
(5) Research with rational and appropriate budgets.
(IV) Application Procedures
|1.||How to Get Application / Recommendation Forms
Please download and use the files posted on the website of the Foundation:
(When you use Japanese one, please see Japanese guideline.)
|2.||How to Apply
(1) Make your application document
(2) Get the letter of recommendation
(3) Get your "Reference Number" by registering your application through the following web site.
(4) Write down your Reference Number in the specified section in all the application forms.
(5) Convert application xls file to pdf file. Convert printed reference letter to pdf or jpg file.
(6) Upload application and letter of recommendation through the following website.
If uploading is difficult, you may send the application form and the letter of recommendation to the Foundation by post.
Please do not print on both sides of papers.
(The document should be anopisthographic.)
|5.||Reception Period of Application:
April 1(Fri) — May 12(Thu), 2016
Application forms must reach the Foundation by May 12th.
(V) Inquiries for Applications
If you have any inquires about application, please send E-mail to the following address.
Please show your reference number for the smooth answer if you have.
|Address||The Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation
1006 Kadoma, Osaka 571-8501, Japan
List of Items of Expenditures for Research Grants
|Items of Expenditure||Explanations|
Rewards to Cooperators
Gratuity to Assistants
|Rewards to cooperators for their advice and cooperation
Rewards to assistants helping you to collect materials and conducting surveys necessary in carrying out your research
|Transportation and accommodation expenses required for a trip (survey and attendance to conferences) which is more than 100 km one wayTransportation, accommodation and miscellaneous expenses (various expenses for overseas trips including insurance policy) incurred for overseas trips to pursue research
Those who travel abroad are requested to buy accident insurance.
|(3)||Survey/ Equipment Expenses
Contract Survey Expenses
Computer Software Expenses
|Expenses incurred by contracting questionnaire surveys, data collection and etc.
Expenses including development of computer programs, data processing, computer rental fee and program rental fee
|(4)||Material/ Printing Expenses
Purchase of Books
|Expenses for purchasing books and thesis
Expenses for purchasing recording media, such as films, tapes, disks.
Printing expenses of questionnaire and data collection forms, and copying expenses of books
Rent for a Venue
|Rental fee of the space used for conferences
Transportation fees incurred to attend conferences (Trips of over 100 km one way shall be appropriated for (2) Travel Expenses)
Refreshments and lunch served at the conference, and communication expenses
|(6)||Facility Expenses||Rental fee in research institute, heating and lighting expenses and miscellaneous expenses|
|(7)||Communication/ Transportation||Transportation expenses required for research activities (trips of less than 100 km one way), communication expenses and transportation expenses for equipment|
|(8)||Consumables Expenses||Office supplies and consumables|
|(9)||Miscellaneous Expenses||Translation expenses, stenography expenses, gifts to survey respondents, gifts to organizations surveyed, maintenance expenses for equipment and fixtures, attendance fee to conferences and other expenses|
The following expenses are not accepted:
- Personnel and living expenses and tuition of a researcher
- General operating expenses required for managing research organizations
- Expenses required for printing reports, issuing publications, holding symposiums and attending overseas academic conferences
- Equipment and fixture expenses including personal computers, photo equipment, visual equipment, copying, equipment and printing equipment