Applications have closed for this year. The information about the applications for the next year will be announced in March, 2017.
How to apply
*Please register your application, after completing your application form.
Two major objectives of The Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation are
1) to contribute to the society by promoting international understanding and
2) to realize the society where mankind respect and harmonize with nature under the concept --- coexistence of Nature and Mankind.
In line with this goal, the foundation provides funds to research activities in the areas of humanities and social sciences which pertain to above mentioned two objectives.
(I) Focus and Scope of Research to be Granted
|1.||Focus and Scope of Research
* Research activities of social, academic and international needs in the areas of humanities and social sciences which promote international understanding and/or coexistence of Nature and Mankind. Those should contribute to the society by developing personnel with international perspective, establishing international relationships, solving various issues existing between Japan and other countries, and coexistence of Nature and Mankind.
; especially pioneering research based on creative ideas is welcomed.
|2.||Eligibility and Conditions for Applicants
(II) Outline of the Grants
|1.||Number of Grant Recipients
Around 50 students/researchers
|2.||Amount of Grants
|3.||Term of Grants
Term of grants shall be one year from October 1, 2016 to September 30, 2017.
|4.||Use of Grants
|5.||Main Duties of the Recipients and Others
(III) Method and Criteria of Screening
Careful and fair screening will be conducted by the screening committee of the Foundation in late July, 2016.
|2.||Notice of the result
The result of the decisions will be informed to the applicants by e-mail by the beginning of August, 2016, but please understand that the Foundation will not respond to inquiries regarding reasons for the decision.
|3.||Criteria of Screening
In screening, the following items are considered;
In the areas of humanities and social sciences,
(1) Research which is in line with the objectives and activities of the Foundation,
(2) Research which is high in social and academic importance,
(3) Research which is creative and pioneering,
(4) Research which will be carried out by highly motivated and competent researchers and has excellent research plans and setups, and
(5) Research with rational and appropriate budgets.