The Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation (hereinafter referred to as the "Foundation") recognizes the importance of personal information and handles it extremely carefully. Seeking to respect privacy and protect personal information, the Foundation adheres to the following policy.
- 1. Acquisition of Personal Information
- When acquiring personal information directly from the related individual, the Foundation clearly specifies the purposes for which the information will be used. Moreover, when acquiring personal information by other means, the Foundation acquires personal information that is within the scope of the purposes of use mentioned in the document, "Matters Publicly Announced Pursuant to the 'Personal Information Protection Law.'"
- 2. Use of Personal Information
- When using personal information, the Foundation uses it within the scope of the purposes of use specified at the time of acquisition.
- 3. Dealing with Inquiries About Personal Information
- The Foundation deals appropriately with inquiries about personal information that are made, by application, either directly by the person related to the personal information or by a proxy whose authority as such can be confirmed.
- 4. Management of Personal Information
- To effectively manage the personal information that it acquires, the Foundation maintains information security and constantly endeavors to improve it. Moreover, when the Foundation entrusts personal information to an outside party, it conducts the management and supervision necessary to ensure that the information is appropriately handled.
- 5. Providing Personal Information to Third Parties
- Except when required by law to do otherwise, the Foundation will not provide an individual's personal information to a third party without obtaining the individual's consent in advance.
- 6. Observance of Laws and Regulations, and Continuous Improvement
- The Foundation observes all relevant laws and regulations. At the same time, in response to changes in the environment, the Foundation continuously works to improve and upgrade its efforts to protect personal information.
Masayuki Matsushita, President
The Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation